PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Template

HV_L
05-16-2019, 03:18 PM
Hi,
A few years ago I made a template to create an financial report from it.
But sometimes I want/have to adjust (add or remove) a couple of rows.
Then I have to be very carefull that I don't alter the rows beneath that point, or the formulas wont work anymore, because above the adding or removing, formulas pick up values from the lower part (which are shifted by adding rows)
Hope this makes sense..
Is there a way to still add some rows and not altering the cell name further down the sheet, which value is picked up, in the beginning of the sheet?
I.e:
Row 20 to 24 have values say
one
two
three
four

I want to add five and six which alters row 30 to 32. Now the cell on row 10 won't read cell 32 because it's set to read 30.
Pff I suck at explaining.. i know.. sorry:banghead:

大灰狼1976
05-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Hi HV_L!
You can enter a special symbol at the end of the line and use the formula to determine its position.

Aussiebear
05-16-2019, 08:23 PM
With a little bit of creativity you can design a worksheet with named ranges and then refer to them by name rather than by cell references

HV_L
05-17-2019, 03:47 AM
Hi HV_L!
You can enter a special symbol at the end of the line and use the formula to determine its position.
Hi, can you explain? Show?

HV_L
05-17-2019, 03:48 AM
With a little bit of creativity you can design a worksheet with named ranges and then refer to them by name rather than by cell references
Hi,
So I can call a cell with a sumed total a name, then it doesn't matter where it's exact location is? I can refer in another formula to this name?

HV_L
05-17-2019, 03:56 AM
Just tried this and think that's the answer..
Thanks

大灰狼1976
05-17-2019, 04:44 AM
Hi HV_L!
I gave a very very simple example of my suggestion.