PDA

View Full Version : Solved: FaceID on Excel Worksheet Menu Bar

tpoynton
12-24-2005, 01:58 PM
It doesnt seem like the faceID property can be used on worksheet menu bars in Excel VBA - I just want to be sure. I have a worksheet menu bar that works fine on excel 2003, but does not show the icons next to the menu items in excel 2004 on the mac. it also doesnt throw an error, which is kinda nice!

I am able to run the faceID.xls file, however, so I suspect that the faceID's will work on buttons; just not on menu items.

As a sort of different question (but one that someone who could answer the above question could easily answer), I have also noticed that if I lock a project for viewing in excel 2003, I do not get the option to enter a password in the mac VBE - it just says it is locked. is there a way to deal with this?

thanks, and Merry Christmas!

Zack Barresse
12-27-2005, 10:21 AM
Correct about the faceID's not working on menus. No popups of anykind can have a faceID, and the menu items are msoPopups, not buttons.

Can't answer the second question, sorry, no Mac to test on. :(

tpoynton
12-27-2005, 02:44 PM
THANKS - just wanted to make sure i wasnt missing anything...

regarding the VBA project password, the "solution" I have come up with is to set the password on the Mac before distributing...doesnt solve the problem per se, but does allow me to access the project via the VBE on both platforms...