PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Strange Form Problems

jauner
12-28-2005, 11:48 AM
I have a form/subform setup that for some reason when I add records it is not showing any data at all. When I open the individual subforms by themselves it works just fine. So basically the form that displays both form and subforms will not bring up the data entered. The data is linked by an AuditID field which is the primary key and set to autonumber.

The only thing of note is that I had a problem with a table that said it had relationships after the relationships were removed. I ended up deleting it and recreating it. Also this is a split database with the tables linked on the front end. I can get the data to show up in a query. The form is based on the Information table and not a query not sure if that matters or not.

Please help. Not really sure why this is occuring.

nullZero
12-28-2005, 12:59 PM
are you seeing no data or no new data that's been added since the form was opened? If it's the latter then you need to requery the form recordsource after the new data is added.

jauner
12-28-2005, 03:12 PM
No it is not the latter because if I close the form and reopen it I still see no data.

OBP
01-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Are the forms "linked" Master to Child?

jauner
01-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Yes they are linked. I ended recreating the form. I am guessing the object was corrupted for some reason.