PDA

View Full Version : Searchable dropdown list (data from two columns)

kinn
07-18-2019, 05:55 AM
Hi all,
I am quite new to visual basic and I am trying to get a very specific feature that I don't think it's natively implemented.

I have two columns ( in two different sheets ) which are supposed to be the base for a dropdown list (in sheet 3). Moreover, I should be able to typing and so simultaneously filter results in the dropdown list (google style, but only if the list item begins with the pattern I am writing). Finally, If the element is not the list, I should be able to add the text to the cell anyway (this last part I think can be achieved simply disabling errors on the validation form).

Is it possible to obtain a feature like that in vba?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

kinn
07-18-2019, 06:56 AM
Hi all,
I am quite new to visual basic and I am trying to get a very specific feature that I don't think it's natively implemented.

I have two columns ( in two different sheets ) which are supposed to be the base for a dropdown list (in sheet 3). Moreover, I should be able to typing and so simultaneously filter results in the dropdown list (google style, but only if the list item begins with the pattern I am writing). Finally, If the element is not the list, I should be able to add the text to the cell anyway (this last part I think can be achieved simply disabling errors on the validation form).

Is it possible to obtain a feature like that in vba?

Thanks in advance,
Andrea

Ok I saw that an ActiveX comboBox match the needs.
The only question now is if it is possible to merge to column list from two sheets and how it can be implemented using vba

大灰狼1976
07-19-2019, 08:47 AM
Hi kinn!
Welcome to vbax forum.
Maybe this attachment will help you.
If you can simulate some data and requirements, it should be able to solve them quickly.