PDA

View Full Version : Extra Screen for Laptop usinig Android Phone

sswcharlie
07-25-2019, 06:36 PM
Hi
Using Win7 Excel2016.
I have a laptop spreadsheet with buttons and sliders and data. Using some VBA.

I want to be able to push the button showing on the laptop (or drag and adjust slider), but from the Android Phone screen. That is the Android shows the exact copy of the laptop spreadsheet, and needs to function as a terminal only. Would prefer not to install Excel on phone, and I think none of the phone apps for Excel allow VBA anyway?

Bluetooth or wifi ok. 10 m max. distance

Basically the spreadsheet on laptop is a control system for a motor which I want to be able to set from Android phone.

Thanks

Charles Harris

Artik
07-26-2019, 02:34 AM
Smartphones do not support VBA. Mobile applications have big limitations compared to desktop applications.

Artik

p45cal
07-26-2019, 02:55 AM
How about using a remote control app such as Teamviewer?
I have the app on my mobile and I can connect to a destktop and control the desktop from the mobile.

Bob Phillips
07-26-2019, 03:51 AM
I have the app on my mobile and I can connect to a destktop and control the desktop from the mobile.

How does that work for you Pascal? I don't think smartphones are good for doing serious work, and that sounds to me that it would be intensely frustrating.

p45cal
07-26-2019, 05:04 AM
How does that work for you Pascal? I don't think smartphones are good for doing serious work, and that sounds to me that it would be intensely frustrating.Dead right it is! I only use it if I can't get to a desktop and the person I'm helping is desperate - and that's only been once!
Perhaaps for the OP, clicking a button or moving a slider, this would be good enough.