PDA

View Full Version : User form in PowerPoint to feed Excel database

mav
08-01-2019, 07:49 AM
I'd created a presentation/tutorial in MS PowerPoint, run it in a terminal mode, where users navigate through vba coded buttons. Now, I'm figuring a way to capture who views the PowerPoint (also, trying to capture their feedback). Could anyone please help with a vba code that could be tied to a userform in the beginning or the end of the presentation that would allow users to fill and submit the feedback/registrations? Could an embedded Excel w/VBA help with this?

Kenneth Hobs
08-01-2019, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the forum!

What are you sending data information back to?

Methods:
1. Add the data to an existing Excel file on that computer.
2. Create an Excel file to be merged to your master file later .
3. (2) but also email as an attachment to email address. The master macro would take check your email folder, save the attachment, and do (2).

mav
08-01-2019, 09:42 AM
Welcome to the forum!

What are you sending data information back to?

Methods:
1. Add the data to an existing Excel file on that computer.
2. Create an Excel file to be merged to your master file later .
3. (2) but also email as an attachment to email address. The master macro would take check your email folder, save the attachment, and do (2).

Thank you for reaching out. Don't have an Excel file in existence yet. PP could add a later created master Excel. Emailing is the perfect solution, but may not work on our public computes.

Additional background info... as an admin, I upload 1 PP slide and it propagates to our public desktops in our classroom. Desktops are locked by the IT and there is no email client installed.

I'm open to your suggestions.