PDA

View Full Version : Field validation / conditional format

ozibryan
01-05-2006, 03:40 AM
I am using excel rows to capture data records, I would like to selectively format the 'current' or 'last' row ( next record) based on a selected value.

An example is where

I use a drop box to select product "a" and based on this selection I'd need to make cells (cols) 1, 3 & 7 'blue' and cells (cols) 2 4 5 & 6 are set to read only - for example.

Next line, for example I select 'product "b" for example whereupon I want to have cells (cols)1, 3 & 7 'protected' and I color (cols) 2, 4 5 & 6.

Hope this makes sense, I have been able to code bits and pieces, however I am an 'excel newbie' and would greatly appreciate some help pulling this together.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Zack Barresse
01-06-2006, 10:04 AM
Hey there, welcome to VBAX!

Would it be possible for you to upload a small sample file showing a few examples of what you want to accomplish? That would help greatly.

ozibryan
01-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Hi, thanks ...

Please find attached example, which was areally good idea btw...

To give context, each row is a record of a sale and the sheets captures the necessary data.

If a "phone" is selected than name, address, etc, phone preference need to be captured. This are required fields for this product.

In the example entry 5 attempts to demonstratesthe desired result after selecting "Phone", i.e. required fields are highlighted.

This highlights and guides the customer to ensure they fill in the required fields. It is not perfect but it is what they are accustomed to and I rather try to help improve, albeit within a limited context.

: pray2:
Many thanks