PDA

View Full Version : Congrats, Zack!

shades
01-05-2006, 07:34 AM
for being selected as MS MVP for Excel. What an honor! Your work, attitude, and willingness to help demonstrate that the honor was well-deserved.
:beerchug:

Killian
01-05-2006, 08:19 AM
for being selected as MS MVP for Excel. What an honor! Your work, attitude, and willingness to help demonstrate that the honor was well-deserved.
:beerchug:I'll second that :yes

Congrats, Zack!!! :clap:

MOS MASTER
01-05-2006, 08:53 AM
Hi, :hi:

A major honor indeed but well deserved!!

Congrats buddy! :clap:

Philcjr
01-05-2006, 09:20 AM
Zack,
Congatulations for being chosen as MS MVP for Excel. :super:

You have always been so helpful when I have come to you with my pesky problems. :cool:

Your Knowledge and creative approaches to solutions are exemplary.

Phil

Ken Puls
01-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Congrats, Zack. Again, it couldn't have happened to a more deserving or knowledgeable person. Way to go!

:thumb

johnske
01-05-2006, 10:56 AM
This is most excellent news and very well deserved. :thumb Congratulations Zack :clap:

lucas
01-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Congratulations Zack, I'm not surprised

Jacob Hilderbrand
01-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Congratulations :)

Well Deserved :thumb

Zack Barresse
01-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Wow! Thanks very much! I really appreciate that.

Not sure how much I deserve it, but I am extremely humbled and honored to even have been considered, let alone receive the award. Coming from the members of this board - my dearest friends - it means so much more to me now.

It has been a learning process and will continue to be so. I learn something from just about everybody I deal with and the fact that I can pass some of my knowledge on to others is just plain great!

I look forward to this new journey and what it will bring. :)

(Wait .. doesn't that mean I'm supposed to turn into a jerk all of a sudden?! LOL!)

mdmackillop
01-05-2006, 02:10 PM
(Wait .. doesn't that mean I'm supposed to turn into a jerk all of a sudden?! LOL!)
Hi Zack,
Great news and well deserved. :bow: but i think it's a Geek, not a Jerk. :devil:
MD

brettdj
01-05-2006, 03:21 PM
WOW, congrats Zack!

Cosmos75
01-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Congrats, Zack!!!
WELL DONE!
http://vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/023.gif

Adaytay
01-06-2006, 02:22 AM
Phenomenal news Zack, many congratulations!!

Ad

XL-Dennis
01-06-2006, 03:17 AM
Zack,

You know my opinion about badges/titles in general. But I'm pleased on Your behalf and I hope it will provide You with greater possibilities and that You will continue to be a friendly and nice person.

All the very best from,
Dennis

TonyJollans
01-06-2006, 04:14 AM
Congratulations Zack.

Since I have known you, you have been nothing but pleasant and extremely helpful to everyone. With all your other commitments I do not know how you find the time.

You are an asset to VBAX and the wider community and thoroughly deserve this honour. Congratulations.

Zack Barresse
01-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Wow, thank you guys!

I know that I have been blessed to have good friends, be a quick learner and have the opportunity to give back to others. I also know that being a part of a site such as VBAX is very fufilling in it's rewards; I still have much to learn from everybody and I hope that doesn't slow down now. :yes

I'm looking forward to meeting new people, making new friends and smiling a lot. :D

CBrine
01-06-2006, 12:56 PM
Zack,
Congratulations. Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!! Who would believe, just 2 years ago you were asking us questions, now your an excel MVP!!! That's got to be some kind of record.

NateO
01-06-2006, 04:22 PM
Kudos, Zack. Keep up the fine work. :thumb :beerchug:

Zack Barresse
01-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Thanks Calvin and Nate, that's high praise coming from you two. Thanks very much. I'll try to keep on giving quality solutions (at least I hope they're quality!) and keep learning from the likes of you two!! :yes

I remember the first Excel question I ever asked and Cbrine and Iridium answered it for me. (Them's my hero's. :) ) It's been a long journey since then!

Oh, and Cbrine, I think there was one faster - Frank Kabel (Lord rest his soul).

Brandtrock
01-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Greatly deserved honor Zack!! Congratulations!!

geekgirlau
01-08-2006, 10:39 PM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy - congratulations :grouphug:

sheeeng
01-09-2006, 02:00 AM
Congratulations Zack :clap:

Paleo
01-10-2006, 07:28 AM
WOW, this was great. MANY CONGRATS ZACK, you for sure well deserved it!!!

BTW, how many MVPs do we have in VBA Express already? Arent us the place where there are the largest number of MVPs after Microsoft site??? I think a statistic would be great.

Bob Phillips
01-10-2006, 08:05 AM
I think there was one faster - Frank Kabel (Lord rest his soul).

6 months!

It was the anniversary of Frank's departure last Thursday - a big loss.

Ken Puls
01-10-2006, 09:38 AM
6 months!

Wow! That IS fast! Zack, what took you so long? :rotlaugh:

Carlos,

We have two MVP's "on staff" so to speak. Zack and yourself. After that, I know of 8 others who visit the site (7 Excel, 1 Word), some frequently, some not. I think that there's more MVP members at MrExcel though, to be honest.

Zack Barresse
01-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks Carlos!! :)

I think VBAX and MrE are pretty close on who visits, as per MS MVP's. I think we may have a couple more who frequent actually. :dunno

brettdj
01-10-2006, 07:21 PM
6 months!

It was the anniversary of Frank's departure last Thursday - a big loss.
Yes.

As I'd spent most of my VBA time at EE or here I hadn't seen very much of Frank's work until after his untimely death. At that point I became more aware of his contributions to the Excel community

His work was certainly impressive and from the various testamonials it sounds like he was a helluva guy as well

Bob Phillips
01-12-2006, 04:23 PM
As I'd spent most of my VBA time at EE or here I hadn't seen very much of Frank's work until after his untimely death. At that point I became more aware of his contributions to the Excel community

His work was certainly impressive and from the various testamonials it sounds like he was a helluva guy as well

He certainly was, a phenomenal guy.

I collaborated with Frank on a number of projects, and I really found it difficult to keep up with him. His ability to turn-around work, and the speed at which he picked things up are something that I have never encountered before.

As well as the work he was doing with me, he also collaborated with Ron de Bruin on his Google and EasyFilter add-ins, with Norman Harker on a book, articles to Dicks-Blog, etc.etc.

He is still the 4th most prolific poster to the Excel public newsgroups, even though he was around for just one year, whilst most of the other major posters have been at it for 8 years or so, and he was also active on the German public groups.

I liked him a lot, and we were due to meet in London last February, but it was never to be. I remember him telling me that he was taking leave to visit friends around the country, and I remember thinking what kind of fool takes a holiday in January, travelling around Germany! Whenever I think of him, as I have a lot recently for obvious reasons, I have a glass of Macallan, Frank's favourite.

Bob Phillips
01-12-2006, 04:26 PM
We have two MVP's "on staff" so to speak. Zack and yourself. After that, I know of 8 others who visit the site (7 Excel, 1 Word), some frequently, some not. I think that there's more MVP members at MrExcel though, to be honest.

Ken,

Only 8? I believe the likes of Andy Pope, Jon Peltier, Peo, Ken Wright, etc. visit here so I would have though more than 8n is a possibility. I would be interested in knowing who the Word one is.

Zack Barresse
01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
The Word MVP is Greg Maxey. Although I thought we had another one at one time. I also thought there was a PPT MVP browsing around here at one point as well..

johnske
01-13-2006, 05:47 AM
Ken,

Only 8? I believe the likes of Andy Pope, Jon Peltier, Peo, Ken Wright, etc. visit here so I would have though more than 8n is a possibility. I would be interested in knowing who the Word one is.OK, Andy Pope, Jon Peltier, Peo, Ken Wright... now add Colo, Greg Maxey, Zack, and Carlos. That makes eight that I know of, but I'm sure I've seen some others from time to time... :)

Zack Barresse
01-13-2006, 07:54 AM
Juan Pablo Gonzalez comes in occasionally, as well as Bill Jelen.

Ken Puls
01-13-2006, 09:51 AM
Okay, so now to expose my ignorance... who is Peo?

Zack Barresse
01-13-2006, 11:08 AM
Peo Sjoblum, I believe. He is actually living in Oregon as well. :)

I wasn't aware that he had visited the site though.

Smitty
01-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Congratulations again , Zack!

Well deserved.

Smitty

malik641
08-18-2006, 07:50 PM
I feel that this will be the latest congrats served in VBAX history, but I must give credit where credit is due. I'm truly sorry I missed this post. I had no clue this was going on because I was in the midst of moving from Jersey to Florida.

So congradulations Zack!! Hopefully the smileys will makeup for it:

:bow::beerchug::clap::clap2::yay:dance::fireman:

and my personal favorite, :thumb

Again, Great job Zack.

Zack Barresse
08-19-2006, 10:55 AM
Thanks very much Joseph! That really means a lot to me. :yes

I'm actually coming under review here shortly to see if I get it again (err, more like see if they're dumb enough to give it to me again, hehe). Who knows, maybe we'll see some more people from this board get recognized. ;)

malik641
08-19-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks very much Joseph! That really means a lot to me. :yes

I'm actually coming under review here shortly to see if I get it again (err, more like see if they're dumb enough to give it to me again, hehe). Who knows, maybe we'll see some more people from this board get recognized. ;)
That'd be funny if they missed that and picked you again.

I wouldn't doubt people from this board would be recognized. This truly is the best site for VBA (by best, I mean in total....coders, MVP's, friendliness, etc).