PDA

View Full Version : Solver in Userform Linked in Excel

prilirp
10-30-2019, 11:18 PM
I am trying to find out how to use solver in vba userform that is linked to an excel file with Worksheets("LookupLists")

Dim vInput As String
vInput = InputBox("Object WD:")
SolverOk SetCell:=["Q35"], 3, vInput, ["Q36"], 1, "GRG Nonlinear"
SolverSolve True

All that appears is "Syntax Error"
Please help, completely new on this.
Thanks

SamT
11-01-2019, 05:05 AM
Is that worksheet in the same workbook as the UserForm?
Even if so, you still need a reference to the sheet. Note that I have never used Solver, so everything except the Worksheet reference in just a guess on my part.

Dim ws As Worksheet
Set ws = worksheets("LookupLists")
With ws
SolverOk SetCell:=["Q35"], 3, vInput, ["Q36"], 1, "GRG Nonlinear"
etc
etc

You might need to ensure that the workbook is open and that the worksheet exists before you get that far.

Artik
11-01-2019, 05:41 PM
The syntax error is probably due to an incorrect entry of the cell reference. More correctly when the LookupLists worksheet is active:
SolverOk [Q35], 3, vInput, [Q36], 1, "GRG Nonlinear"
If you are not sure that the LookupLists worksheet is active, use the With ... End With construct:
With Worksheets("LookupLists")
SolverOk SetCell:=.[Q35], MaxMinVal:=3, ValueOf:=vInput, ByChange:=.[Q36], Engine:=1, EngineDesc:="GRG Nonlinear"
End WithIn addition, calling the function requires either the names of all parameters to be entered or none of them.
Also check that you have a reference to the Solver library https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/vba/excel/concepts/functions/using-the-solver-vba-functions

Artik