PDA

View Full Version : Room Booking System

Marsau
11-02-2019, 11:00 AM
Hi there all

I have been following a training blog by about a room booking system.

How ever I cant get the VBA code to work for me.

Keeps giving errors in red.

I'm not sure if language settings are the problem?

also not sure if this will work on both 32 and 64 versions of excel.

PLS assist if you can

paulked
11-02-2019, 12:07 PM

I've got rid of most of the many errors but...

1. I would advise you turn on Require Variable Declaration from the VBE Tools/Options
2. You can only have one copy of a macro , eg there were 6 or 7 copies of the sheet selection macros (Sub Data_Sheet() etc)
3. After writing some code use (from the VBE window) Debug/Compile. This will check for any obvious errors.

Marsau
11-02-2019, 12:40 PM
Thank you so much for assistance

Marsau
11-02-2019, 12:47 PM
The person starting this booking training video did unfortunately not continue to complete the rest of the parts.
A video shows what the completed project should look like.
Any body board enough to assist me in the completion?
It Would be hugely appreciated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=BBYDleQHx6I

SamT
11-02-2019, 03:18 PM
Have you watched all 4 of the videos about this particular project and looked at all the text based tutorials (with downloads) around them?

Marsau
11-02-2019, 11:05 PM
Yes I have and added all the code provided. But with my limited experience dont know what should be working and what is still missing.
For example ...... populating the persons information (name & shaded blocks) on the right still not working correctly.
Also the ability to move the booking on the right and updating the info also not able yet.

SamT
11-03-2019, 04:17 AM
:mkay

Marsau
11-09-2019, 04:26 AM
Any body to help Please

SamT
11-10-2019, 02:43 AM
I think the problem is that you are a beginner and you are asking for help on a project that will take a lot of time for any pro to analyze and fix.

Become less of a beginner.

You can start by making a list of room numbers with columns for Occupied, Awaiting_Cleaning, Ready_To_Let, and Ranking.

Using the Worksheet_BeforeDoublClick Event, write code that will

Place a check mark in the Occupied column
Put a checkmark in the Awaiting_Cleaning Column but only if the Occupied column is checked, then clears the occupied column
Put a checkmark in the Ready_To_Let column, but only if the Awaiting_Cleaning column is checked, then clears that column.

After you get started on that, we will help you with it.

Then, using the SelectionChange Event, write code that duplicates steps 2 & 3

Use Autoformat to color the Room numbers Red, Yellow, or Green, depending if they are occupied, awaiting, or ready

This will help make you less of a beginner.

Learn to use Arrays, see: snb's VBA and the VBAProject (http://www.snb-vba.eu/VBA_Excel_VBproject_en.html). Create Arrays that hold occupied rm #s, awaiting rm#s and Ready rm#s by Rank.

Now, you can start to design UserForms. Don't worry about coding then yet, just layout those UserForms you need to utilize that simple Room numbers table above.

Bookmark this thread so you can refer back to it often over the next several months

Marsau
11-10-2019, 05:14 AM
Thank you for reply

paulked
11-10-2019, 05:49 AM
Great advice Sam, I shall be watching/learning/helping :thumb