PDA

View Full Version : Excel to Word - Formatted with Titles, Heading 1, via ActiveX Check Box

noslenwerd
11-18-2019, 02:38 PM
This might be a bit confusing so bear with me. I am aware that you can use VBA to transfer excel information into a Word Document, but looking for more advanced formatting.
I am looking to do the following:

When someone selects an ActiveX Checkbox in my spreadsheet for "E-Commerce Overview," I would like the content shown in the image below to populate in the Word Template I specify.
I would need to be certain that formatting in Word will relay "E-Commerce Overview" as a Title, "Value Proposition" as Heading 1, and that the [CUSTOMER NAME] pulls from the excel sheet and populates into the Word Doc.
This formatting is important because we are using a table of contents at the start of the Word Document.

I am not necessarily asking for someone to write the code for me, but I just want to know this is possible before diving into the rabbit hole.

Dave
11-18-2019, 04:36 PM
noslenwerd welcome to this forum as well. Please review etiquette re. providing links to all other places that U may have posted the same query. There's no sense in providing U with a reply if U may have resolved this elsewhere already. Dave

noslenwerd
11-22-2019, 07:27 AM
noslenwerd welcome to this forum as well. Please review etiquette re. providing links to all other places that U may have posted the same query. There's no sense in providing U with a reply if U may have resolved this elsewhere already. Dave

Thanks Dave. Here is the post to the other forum.

https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/excel-to-word-formatted-with-titles-heading-1-via-activex-check-box.1115355/

macropod
11-23-2019, 01:27 PM
Thanks Dave. Here is the post to the other forum.

https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/excel-to-word-formatted-with-titles-heading-1-via-activex-check-box.1115355/

That isn't the only cross-post site, there are multiple others also. Kindly provide all cross-post links - and do so on each of the other sites, too.