PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use MS Excel Macro 4 sheets

brettdj
01-14-2006, 06:33 PM
I had an email from a user of my Duplicate Addin saying that it didn't work on some sheets

It was a simple issue:

I had code checking that the sheet was a worksheet - to avoid runnining on a chart sheet. And this user had MS Excel Macro 4 sheets everywhere.

I've never used them, does anyone else and if so why?

Cheers

Dave

geekgirlau
01-14-2006, 08:02 PM
I think you'll find that this workbook was developed in Excel 4, and nobody got around to redeveloping the existing macros in VBA.

brettdj
01-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Hi Anne,

It looked like a new workbook as it just contained text data, I think he just inserted the wrong type of worksheet when he right clicked the sheet tab

Cheers

Dave

Bob Phillips
01-15-2006, 06:28 AM
I had an email from a user of my Duplicate Addin saying that it didn't work on some sheets

It was a simple issue:

I had code checking that the sheet was a worksheet - to avoid runnining on a chart sheet. And this user had MS Excel Macro 4 sheets everywhere.

I've never used them, does anyone else and if so why?

Cheers

Dave

Dave,

I have come across a number of Excel workbooks that still used Excel 4 macros, never got updated. If it ain't broke, why fix it.

Excel 4 macros can be very useful. some of them are quite powerful, such as the number of pages command, Get.Document(50). However, where these are used, in my experience it is more usual just to execute them from a normal VBA macro.

XL-Dennis
01-15-2006, 07:27 AM
I have come across a number of Excel workbooks that still used Excel 4 macros, never got updated. If it ain't broke, why fix it.

I got one solution that was developed 1990 that still is in production 24/7 and the customer and I are fully agree to not update it as long as it works as expected.

Kind regards,
Dennis

brettdj
01-15-2006, 11:29 PM
Gents,

Thx for the feedback

There were no Excel 4 macros though in this file - he'd just used the Excel 4 macro sheets as normal worksheets

Cheers

Dave