PDA

View Full Version : Reinstate User Toolbars Problem

SedM
01-17-2006, 03:10 AM
When my workbook runs I want the user toolbars to hide and my custom one to be visible. On deactivate, I have the user setting returned. I used some code (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213487) which "remembers" the original user settings and, on deactivation of my book, it makes them visible again.
All fine. But what would happen if my programme crashed? I presume the user would open Excel to find his toolbars missing!
I would be grateful if someone could tell me if this is the case and if there is any way around it.
Des

Bob Phillips
01-17-2006, 03:39 AM
When my workbook runs I want the user toolbars to hide and my custom one to be visible. On deactivate, I have the user setting returned. I used some code (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=213487) which "remembers" the original user settings and, on deactivation of my book, it makes them visible again.
All fine. But what would happen if my programme crashed? I presume the user would open Excel to find his toolbars missing!
I would be grateful if someone could tell me if this is the case and if there is any way around it.
DesIf you use a different approach, shown below, you don't need tgo depend upon an array of toolbar states. You can then add the same deactivate code to Workbook_Open in Personal.xls to ensure the status quo at start-up.

Private mFormulaBar

Private Sub Workbook_Activate()
Dim oCB As CommandBar

'Remove commandbars
For Each oCB In Application.CommandBars
oCB.Enabled = False
Next

'RemoveFormulaBar
mFormulaBar = Application.DisplayFormulaBar
Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False
End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate()