PDA

View Full Version : Excel to Powerpoint Text Size

stickerman
04-19-2020, 02:13 AM
Hi. I'm a comparatively novice programmer, and have come up with a problem that feels like it should have an easy answer, but I can't find it.
If I manually highlight a cell in Excel, with the word Income in 32point text, then paste it into Powerpoint using the second of the five options (keep formatted text), I get the text, in 32 point, and it is alterable - my aim is to add a drop shadow on all my text.
When using VBA to copy it across I get one of two results, depending on which setting I use. I either get editable text, but at the wrong size (32 point drops to 18 point), or a get the right size, but not editable (i.e. more as a picture).
My code is as follows

Sub CaloutDownArrow179200_Click()
Dim rng As Range
Dim PowerPointApp As Object
Dim myPresentation As Object
Dim mySlide As Object
Dim myShape As Object

'Create an Instance of PowerPoint
On Error Resume Next
'Is PowerPoint already opened?
Set PowerPointApp = GetObject(Class:="PowerPoint.Application")
'Clear the error between errors
Err.Clear
'If PowerPoint is not already open then open PowerPoint
If PowerPointApp Is Nothing Then Set PowerPointApp = CreateObject(Class:="PowerPoint.Application")
'Handle if the PowerPoint Application is not found
If Err.Number = 429 Then
MsgBox "PowerPoint could not be found, aborting."
Exit Sub
End If
On Error GoTo 0

'Optimize Code
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'Create a New Presentation
Set myPresentation = PowerPointApp.Presentations.Add
myPresentation.PageSetup.SlideSize = 1
'----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Add a slide to the Presentation
Set mySlide = myPresentation.Slides.Add(1, 12)
With mySlide
.FollowMasterBackground = msoFalse
.Background.Fill.Solid
.Background.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(0, 51, 204)
End With
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Set rng = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Slide 2").Range("c5")
rng.Copy
'Paste to PowerPoint
mySlide.Shapes.PasteSpecial DataType:=8
Set myShape = mySlide.Shapes(mySlide.Shapes.Count)
''''Set myShape = mySlide.Shapes.PasteSpecial(DataType:=8) '8 = ppPasteHTML
''''Application.CutCopyMode = False
myShape.Top = (myPresentation.PageSetup.slideheight - myShape.Height) / 2
myShape.Left = (myPresentation.PageSetup.slidewidth - myShape.Width) / 2

'Make PowerPoint Visible and Active
PowerPointApp.Visible = True
PowerPointApp.Activate

'Clear The Clipboard
Application.CutCopyMode = False

End Sub

I can only assume the problem is the blue text above, sending the text to Powerpoint. I have tried using all different numbers for datatype, but none keeps the size and formatting.
I have also tried replacing the red text with the blue text, but with the same results.

I am using Powerpoint and Excel in Office 365

Can you help me here?
Stickerman

macropod
04-19-2020, 02:50 PM
Cross-posted at: https://www.mrexcel.com/board/threads/excel-to-powrpoint-text.1130535/
Please read VBA Express' policy on Cross-Posting in Rule 3: http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_new_faq_item3

stickerman
04-20-2020, 02:16 AM
Hi. I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong here. I don't really understand what you mean by cross posting. I had started a thread in Mr. Excel, but they hadn't been able to answer my query, hence i tried here.
Are you the same organisation?

macropod
04-20-2020, 04:03 AM
Cross-posting, sometimes called multiposting, is when you post the same question on multiple forums. That is explained in the rule I pointed you to. Please familiarize yourself with this forum's rules - which you agreed to abide by when you joined.

stickerman
04-20-2020, 05:32 AM
Cross-posting, sometimes called multiposting, is when you post the same question on multiple forums. That is explained in the rule I pointed you to. Please familiarize yourself with this forum's rules - which you agreed to abide by when you joined.

Ah thank you for explaining it to me. For us silver surfers, already somewhat lost in the jungle of Excel programming, it can be a bit daunting to get a message warning of something done wrong. I'll try to be more careful in the future.