PDA

View Full Version : User Form

austenr
05-08-2020, 06:30 AM
I know this is possible but not sure how to go about it. I have a user form that I use to populate a workbook but every week i have to send it to someone so i lose the form. Instead of having to recreate it each week is there a way to store it in another workbook and uses it the next time without having to copy and paste it into the new workbook for the following week?

SamT
05-08-2020, 06:50 AM
A) send a copy of the Workbook

B)In the Form only Workbook specifically reference the New Workbook.Sheets instead of merely referencing sheets.

Instead of Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = TextBox1.Value
Use

With WorkBooks("Name of Book to be sent to colleague")
.Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1") = TextBox1.Value
Blah blah
End With

Paul_Hossler
05-08-2020, 07:08 AM
I know this is possible but not sure how to go about it. I have a user form that I use to populate a workbook but every week i have to send it to someone so i lose the form. Instead of having to recreate it each week is there a way to store it in another workbook and uses it the next time without having to copy and paste it into the new workbook for the following week?

Not 100% sure I understand, but why not create a macro-enabled template (XLMT) with macros, forms, formatting, etc. and then File, New each week using THAT template to make the XLSX WB to send (File, SaveAs)