PDA

View Full Version : Does Excel 2007 SP3 work without issue on Windows 10?

Spielberg
07-03-2020, 03:45 PM
The subject pretty much covers it! But, I have been using Excel 2007 for quite a while as you can imagine. What I am afraid of is going to Office 365 and I'll have to spend the rest of my life tweaking programs to work (if they do at all) in '365. I am trying desperately to save to replace my 10+ year old craptop...

Is anyone using Excel 2007 SP3 on Windows 10? Any issues?

Or, I guess another way to ask is, does anyone have VBA from 2007 and using it in 365? Any issues? Nightmare to use? Tons of tweaks necessary? I actually decided to humor myself and ask on a Microsoft chat the same question and they said absolutely no issues whatsoever. That leads me to believe there will be a MILLION issues.

Anyone?

Thank you for any advice.

Mike

Logit
07-04-2020, 08:40 AM
I run Excel 2007 SP3 on Win 10. Runs flawlessly, no issues except the "built in MS amenities" (* sarcasm *).

Two months ago I tried going to Excel 2019. I personally experienced numerous issues, freezes, file corruption on previously created workbooks in Excel 2007.

The biggest issue I experienced was having to tweak previously created workbooks in 2007. A line of code here ... a line of code there. Nothing specific or
a repeating pattern (same commands, DIMs, etc) ... just the annoying "I don't like that line of code so I'll error it out and make you do some tweaking."

I gave up. Went back to Excel 2007 and I'm staying here till Hell Freezes Over.

Spielberg
07-04-2020, 09:00 AM
Thank you for that. That exactly answers my question, and because of that, I'll stay with 2007 until, like you, hell freezes over, thaws and freezes again.

I just wish something could be done to record macros that deal with EVERYTHING that can be recorded. I thought of some kind of add-in, but I dont' think it's possible - of course, it's hard coded. I'm not smart enough to be able to figure out things like that. Thank you again!

Mike