PDA

View Full Version : Help:::disable file conversion popup dialog

ttminh
01-19-2006, 11:55 PM
Hello you all!
Thanks in advance but anyone could help me???
I used MS word 2003 and i usually work with Vietnamese font text file.
when i open file, the file conversion dialog pop up and i have to choose Plain text to convert file.
How can i write a macro to force winword convert that files from Plain text so i don't need to choose and click ok to the stupid popup dialog?

Thanks again
Minh

Rembo
01-22-2006, 09:20 AM
How can i write a macro to force winword convert that files from Plain text so i don't need to choose and click ok to the stupid popup dialog?

Hello Minh,

Have you tried recording a macro (using the build in macro recorder) while performing the actions. Chances are that the recorder will catch the correct macro commands for you. Once you have that code it's easy enough to invoke it on certain events.

Rembo

ttminh
01-22-2006, 07:10 PM
Thank you Rembo,
i tried but no work. it's not recorded to macro.
any comment.
Minh

ttminh
01-23-2006, 12:59 AM
Could you help me to write a VBA code in direction like this:

when open file from word, vba handle file extension if the extension ".WST" then force file converters to choose "Plain Text" to convert.
i tried to record macro but it seem to be the AutoOpen Macro run after File Conversion dialog be clicked.

Thank you

TonyJollans
01-23-2006, 03:27 AM
Before going any further go to Tools > Options > General and make sure that "Confirm Conversions at Open" is UNchecked.

Rembo
01-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Hello Minh,

This is not something I use myself so I don't know the code to get this to work. Sorry. Perhaps someone else can help?

Rembo

Could you help me to write a VBA code in direction like this:
when open file from word, vba handle file extension if the extension ".WST" then force file converters to choose "Plain Text" to convert.
i tried to record macro but it seem to be the AutoOpen Macro run after File Conversion dialog be clicked.Thank you