PDA

View Full Version : 2007: Issue with graphics shifting when saving to a PDF.

Spielberg
08-22-2020, 09:46 AM
I have searched all over for a fix/patch/workaround to this, but none of them worked.

I have many graphics, textboxes, etc. on my sheets.

When saving as a PDF from within Excel 2007, everything is shifted.

I have seen and tried several workarounds, etc. but none of them worked for me (could be my craptop computer.)

Has anyone found a DEFINITIVE workaround / fax / patch, etc. that actually works?

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Paul_Hossler
08-22-2020, 10:21 AM
Not sure if it'll address the issue for you, or where the options are in 2007, but you can try

Spielberg
08-22-2020, 10:42 AM
What a great idea! Thank you! Sadly, however, it didn't work.

And what I just noticed (and surprised I hadn't noticed before,) Is that the objects with zero rotation are pretty much spot on. It's the rotated items that are off.

Also oddly, textboxes that are normally "off the page" are now in the correct spot. Very strange. And it was no matter the setting of the "move size with cells."

I am wondering if that other modification I made helped by changing the resolution to 600dpi and the type to Standard.

But that did nothing yesterday. Maybe the computer just needed a reboot.

But either way, thank you for that great idea!

Paul_Hossler
08-22-2020, 11:48 AM
Sorry

Another thing to try is to use Microsoft's PDF printer instead of saving as a PDF file; might not be available with Excel 2007, but also might be a Win10 feature

jolivanes
08-22-2020, 10:36 PM
I don't know if this is the problem but you mentioned that the shapes have been rotated.
If you put a Rectangle named "Rectangle 1" on Sheet1 and run this code

Sub Get_The_Numbers()
Dim sh1 As Worksheet
Set sh1 = Worksheets("Sheet1")
sh1.Cells(1, 2).Value = "Height Before Turn = " & sh1.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Height
sh1.Cells(2, 2).Value = "Width Before Turn = " & sh1.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Width
With sh1.Shapes("Rectangle 1")
.IncrementRotation 90#
End With
Cells(5, 2).Value = "HeightAfter Turn = " & sh1.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Height
Cells(6, 2).Value = "Width After Turn = " & sh1.Shapes("Rectangle 1").Width
End Sub
You'll see that the numbers stay the same.
Looking at the turned rectangle, the width and height in B5 and B6 do not correspond with what you see.
If this is the problem, you'll have to adjust for that.

Spielberg
08-23-2020, 10:26 AM
What an awesome idea! Thank you! Will try that right now!

Edit: I did try it, and even changed the rotation to 46.235 and odd things like that just to see. still the same exact numbers, but awesome idea!

Thank you!

Mike

Spielberg
08-23-2020, 11:01 AM
And @Paul. Great idea, too - but I do not have Microsoft PDF. I googled around and didn't seem to see anything for Windows 8 that I could install. even check Microsoft's website. I do have Nitro PDF installed, but that offset the graphics as well. I'll keep searching! Thanks.

Mike