PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate emails

Zack Barresse
01-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Hey everyone,

When I download my email (POP3 server) into my Outlook (2003), lately I seem to be getting a duplicate of everything. Well, almost everything. It seems to be limited only to those that I have setup rules for. I didn't see anything wrong with the rules, but basically they are looking for email addresses, then moving them to a specified folder.

Not sure what this is, couldn't find anything in the help files.. :dunno

Bob Phillips
01-24-2006, 02:41 AM
Hey everyone,

When I download my email (POP3 server) into my Outlook (2003), lately I seem to be getting a duplicate of everything. Well, almost everything. It seems to be limited only to those that I have setup rules for. I didn't see anything wrong with the rules, but basically they are looking for email addresses, then moving them to a specified folder.

Not sure what this is, couldn't find anything in the help files.. :dunno

I have this problem with moving sometimes, it copies not moves.

I have traced the problem to moving to a physically different .pst file, Outlook seems incapable of doing that and so copies instead.

TonyJollans
01-24-2006, 03:26 AM
The only times I have encountered this sort of thing is when some operation has failed to finish correctly. Deleting the original is the last action taken so if the process does not finish cleanly Outlook may have created new copies but not deleted the old.

In your case, Zack, might there be a problem on your POP3 server which sometimes prevents complete download of all mail so that when it restarts it all gets downloaded again - I used to get this if I received mail with large attachments.

Zack Barresse
01-24-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm not sure. This only seems to be affecting those which I have a rule applied to it. The server is this one, vbaexpress. This started happening after 1) I installed 2003 over 2000, 2) I applied the rules to specific recipients.

I'll do some more searching. Thanks for the help thus far guys. I appreciate it. :yes

brettdj
01-25-2006, 05:44 AM
When I tried this gmail/outlook 2003 fix it solved my vbax/outlook issues too

http://www.moveonhotmail.com/GMail_Errs.htm

Zack Barresse
01-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks Dave. My outgoing server port number was already 25. I do not use SSL encrypted connection(s) though, that seems to be the only difference..

Still getting the duplicates.. thanks for all the help thus far. Not sure what the deal is. :(