PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Toolbar hide problem persisting

SedM
01-24-2006, 06:17 AM
Using Workbook_Activate events and (to be sure, to be sure) Workbook_WindowActivate events I can get the toolbars to disappear.
These events run a macro to force FullScreen view which hides all toolbars nicely.
Using Ctr+tab to change between open workbooks works fine.
But if I click on the button for the file in question at the bottom of the screen (ie, same bar as the "Start" button) the "normal" excel toolbars reappear.
Can anyone help?
Des

Zack Barresse
01-24-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi there, welcome!

Have you thought about using a class module? An example can be found here: http://www.theofficeexperts.com/forum/showpost.php?p=21669&postcount=6

SedM
01-24-2006, 08:53 AM
Zack,
Thanks kindly for your reply. But I don't think I can go that direction because this is a small programme I am hoping to give to potential customers (I'm an energy consultant) and it will not be possible to interfere with their personal.xls file.
I have fiddled around a bit more since submitting my query and it seems that depressing the file button (for the active file) in the task bar has the effect of reversing the FullScreen setting to false. I'm puzzled about this.
In any case, thanks again.
DesM

Zack Barresse
01-24-2006, 09:40 AM
I meant apply it to your file in question, not your personal.xls file.

SedM
01-25-2006, 02:45 AM
Zack, I have found the solution!
I was too zealous in hiding my toolbars and inadvertantly I had a line of code making the Tools/Option/View .... "Windows in Toolbar" = false. Once I changed this each WB gets its own button in the taskbar and the problem is no more.
Anyhow, thanks again for your help and what you gave me has given me some confidence to start delving into class modules.
Des M

Zack Barresse
01-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Great! Class modules are great and can be used for a wide variety of uses and are quite powerful.

I'll go ahead and mark this as Sovled; you can do so in the future on your own threads by going to Thread Tools | Mark Thread Solved | Perform Action.