PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] How do you get rid of alert messages in Project?

SherryO
01-24-2006, 01:07 PM
I have project file that has some other projects inserted into it making it a sort of master file. I am using as a template for lack of a better word to be reused each month. Because the files that will be inserted into the master will change each month, I have some code to simply delete those tasks. I also have display alerts set to false, but I get a billion of them. Is there something I'm missing?

SelectSheet
EditDelete
DisplayAlerts = False

It's sounds about as simple as it gets, but it's giving me fits as things like this show up all over the place.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
SherryO

XLGibbs
01-24-2006, 03:41 PM
That would depend on what warnings or alerts are popping up...?

If this project is getting data fromother applications, by opening them, those applications may be triggering the alerts...

what application is the project in?

SherryO
01-25-2006, 11:51 AM
All of the projects are in MSProject with no external data. There are "Are you sure you want to delete this?" type messages as well as task level messages, like "You can't compelete task 82 in the time constraints." I am using MSProject 2002.

XLGibbs
01-25-2006, 03:37 PM
I am not as familiar with Project as other Applications, but each object model has slightly different methods. Excel as Application.DisplayAlerts , Access as Application.doCmd.SetWarnings....and there are other properties as well such as Overwrite warnings and such...perhaps there are other types of alerts you can disable?

I have been unsuccessful in tracking down too much info on Project 2002 thus far.

SherryO
01-26-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks for trying. The only one I've found is DisplayAlerts=False, but it is what's not working.

Killian
01-26-2006, 09:10 AM
I've been having a dig around in the Project Object Model viewer (F2) and found a few bits and pieces relating to alerts and messages

'turn off alerts
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
'turn off some other alerts(?)
Application.Alerts (False)
'turn off the office assistant
With Assistant
.On = False
.Visible = False
.AssistWithHelp = False
.AssistWithAlerts = False
End With
'turn of scheduling alerts
Application.DisplayScheduleMessages = False

SherryO
01-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know.