PDA

View Full Version : Help with FormFields

JPDO
01-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi,I have a Word-document with several Formfields in it.
They show amounts. These amounts are totals coming from an excel spreadsheet.
I like to know if there is a way within the Word-document to "ask the detail (spreadsheet)".
I tought perhaps by clicking on the Formfield, but i do not know if it is possible and i do not know how to code this in VBA.
Can someone help me with this ?

Thanks in advance for any reply.
Kind Regards

fumei
01-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Ask it what????

JPDO
01-29-2006, 01:53 PM
Thanks for your reply.
I just want to know if it is possible to write VBA-code to detect a double-click in a formfield and do something with the content of the formfield.

Any answer will greatly be appreciated.

fumei
01-30-2006, 03:54 AM
No, it is not possible. Formfields do not have events.

You can certainly have VBA code that can run going into, or exiting, a formfield. But double click one to fire an event...no, not possible. They do not work that way.

What exactly are you trying to do? It is unclear. I must point out that formfields are usually used for INPUT. User input. The user enters something there. If you are putting stuff into a formfield from Excel, then there may be alternatives. Again, exactly what are you doing?

JPDO
01-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Hello Gerry,

Thanks for your reply. I tought already that it was impossible.

What i'm trying to do is an extension of following application from a guy that leaved our company.
In a MS-Word document he showed several (total-)amounts coming from different XLS-spreadsheets and from our hostcomputer. Around these amounts there is some text and each amount is filled in on a bookmark.
The users asked me to have a possibility to see the detail of such an amount.
On our hostcomputer they can put the cursor on it and double-click to invoke a screen with the detailed records of the amount they double-clicked on.
Here the double-click identified the amount and invoked a search of the detail.
They want something similar to do that within a Word-Document.
Any idea to accomplish this one ?

fumei
01-30-2006, 10:21 PM
Considering that I have no idea how this is accomplished
On our hostcomputer they can put the cursor on it and double-click to invoke a screen with the detailed records of the amount they double-clicked on.
Here the double-click identified the amount and invoked a search of the detail.No, I don't.