PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] How to Create Interactive Dashboard Tiles

JimmyCracker
01-18-2021, 01:03 PM
I have a table of data with dates and columns for yes and no answers. I'm trying to create dashboard tiles that shows the most recent date a person was active and calculate the yes and no for each column.

The goal would be to filter the people and the numbers/date would update in the dashboard tiles. I'm struggling to figure out how to properly set-up the pivot tables to summarize this data on the dashboard. Any help on proper set-up or resource recommendations that could help my process would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

snb
01-19-2021, 02:00 AM
I like your picture, I made a picture of it with my camera.

Paul_Hossler
01-19-2021, 05:45 AM
I have a table of data with dates and columns for yes and no answers. I'm trying to create dashboard tiles that shows the most recent date a person was active and calculate the yes and no for each column.

It'd be helpful if you attached a small sample workbook so that everyone didn't have to recreate your wheel

Use [Go Advanced] and then the paperclip icon

JimmyCracker
01-19-2021, 08:51 AM
It'd be helpful if you attached a small sample workbook so that everyone didn't have to recreate your wheel

Use [Go Advanced] and then the paperclip icon

Thanks Paul. Sorry about that. Here is a sample of the workbook. Thank you.

snb
01-19-2021, 10:23 AM
Link the Shape 'Question 1' to this macro:
I renamed the shape to "Q_1"

Sub M_snb()
sn = Array(Sheet4.PivotTables(1).RowRange.Cells(5, 2), Sheet4.PivotTables(2).RowRange.Cells(5, 2))
MsgBox Replace(Replace(Shapes("Q_1").TextFrame2.TextRange.Text, "#", sn(1), , 1), "#", sn(0))
End Sub

JimmyCracker
01-19-2021, 12:21 PM
Link the Shape 'Question 1' to this macro:
I renamed the shape to "Q_1"

Sub M_snb()
sn = Array(Sheet4.PivotTables(1).RowRange.Cells(5, 2), Sheet4.PivotTables(2).RowRange.Cells(5, 2))
MsgBox Replace(Replace(Shapes("Q_1").TextFrame2.TextRange.Text, "#", sn(1), , 1), "#", sn(0))
End Sub

Thank you SNB! With your macro and this video resource, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKkXtyjleX4 I was able to do what I needed!