PDA

View Full Version : Slow code

Scoti261
01-19-2021, 02:59 AM
Attached is a workbook which is working very well thanks to forums such as these. My only issue is that the code seems to run very slowly when importing and moving the data. I have added code to turn off automatic calculation and stop screen updating however it still runs very slowly. Can anyone offer any additional suggestions to help this code run quickly? I greatly appreciate the help.

snb
01-19-2021, 04:02 AM
Why do you protect the code you want us to analyze ?

Scoti261
01-19-2021, 04:31 AM
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot it was locked. The password is Nuco123. Thank you for letting me know.

snb
01-19-2021, 04:35 AM
I prefer a file without any protection. Please replace it.

Paul_Hossler
01-19-2021, 05:06 AM
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot it was locked. The password is Nuco123. Thank you for letting me know.

OK - not a big deal

However, it looks like a lot of macros, and some seem to require a file or files to be opened to gather external data

Without everything (files, data in this WB, instructions on how to use your WB, etc. needed to test, it'll be very hard

The best I can think of is to just do a code review on the macro that seems to be slow.

p45cal
01-19-2021, 11:07 AM
You have several pictures of other ranges (Received Sample Viewer). I've found these to slow up a workbook significantly. Try temporarily or permanently deleting them and see if you get more speed.