PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Size of file

Hammer300
01-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Hiya all,

Long time since I was here but just a quick question and sorry but it isnt related to vba within Word so dont go crook at me lol, A document was made up consisting of 11 pages now the doc does not contain any pics or tables etc just all print, when it was saved it is saving the doc as 70,797,312 in size and a pdf converted file is only 60,827 what has gone on with this file to be so big???? I have tried to find out looking in outline view and can see no special characters etc to be making it that size.

Confused damn sure I am lmao :banghead:

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

Rob

Jacob Hilderbrand
01-30-2006, 12:12 AM
It may just be corrupt. I would just copy the text to a new doc and save it to see if there is a huge difference.

fumei
01-30-2006, 03:59 AM
"Corrupt" is a polite way of saying that if you DID have images and other stuff there, Word has a a weird and wonderfully persistent memory.

Let us not forget Word 6.0 that was so leaky that if you let it sit there...doing nothing...it would eventually take ALL available RAM and hide it, and cause its own OS to crash for lack of memory.

Ah yes...."corrupt". Jake's suggestion is the best. Copy it to a new document, and shake your head.

Hammer300
01-30-2006, 04:45 AM
well I tried the copy paste and it bought it down a little but not much, and no it never had pics or tables in it. So really dont know whats going on with it. :dunno

Thanks

Rob

Jacob Hilderbrand
01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
Well it is hard to tell off hand. If you have high speed internet access and want to upload the file somewhere, I will check it and see if I notice anything.

One other thing I would try (depending on how much formatting you have, and assuming you are not using styles) would be to copy the text to Notepad to strip all the formatting, then copying the text from Notepad to a new Doc. Save and see what the size is, then re-add the formatting.

fumei
01-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Weird.

Hammer300
01-31-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks all, what I did was completly re do the doc and that has seemed to have done the trick, for some reason why only MS Word will know why it made it that size lmao.

:hi:

Thanks again

Rob