PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Hide Worksheet Selection From two Different ListBox in a UserForm

rorobear
08-17-2021, 10:17 PM
Hello Everyone,

I’m currently working on a worksheet manager. Although it’s coming along nicely, I ran into a little problem that I’m hoping to get some help with, so thank you everyone in advance. In the userform, I have 2 listbox (ListBox1 and lbxHeaders). In here various things happen, move sheets, delete sheets, rename sheets, hide sheets etc. The problem is when I hide a sheet, even though the status changes to hidden, it still shows in the listbox. Furthermore, if I click on it causes the form to locks up. If anyone can help me, here’s what I’d like:

When I hide a sheet in one of two ways, either with the “Hide Active Sheet” button or the “Hide Selected Sheet” button I want that selection cleared from the listbox and when I unhide it comes back.
On the second listbox (lbxHeaders) whatever corresponds to that selection in (ListBox1) should be cleared as well and return when I unhide.

Below is my code. Hopefully, I did a good job explaining, but I probably didn’t so I’m including the workbook as well. Again, any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Private Sub HideSheet_Click()
'Hide the active worksheet
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveSheet.Visible = xlSheetHidden
reset
UserForm_Initialize
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub
Private Sub HideSelectedSheet_Click()
'hide the selected sheet
Dim i As Integer
Dim mySheet As String

Application.DisplayAlerts = False
For i = 0 To ListBox1.ListCount - 1
If ListBox1.Selected(i) Then
On Error Resume Next
Sheets(Mid(ListBox1.List(i), InStr(ListBox1.List(i), vbTab) + 1)).Visible = xlSheetHidden
' Check to not to delete all sheets as this will cause an error
If Err.Number = 1004 Then
MsgBox "Can't hide all the worksheets", vbOKOnly + vbCritical
End If
'Enable default error handling again
On Error GoTo 0
End If
Next i
Application.DisplayAlerts = True

Me.ListBox1.Clear
For i = 1 To ActiveWorkbook.Sheets.Count
Me.ListBox1.AddItem ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(i).Name
Next i
reset
UserForm_Initialize
End Sub

arnelgp
08-18-2021, 05:17 AM
check and test. i only check the listbox.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/dj03lnjbylmxnz1u4p7xv/Worksheet-Manager_16.xlsm?dl=0&rlkey=aj021190h29jxek6g43pzwdie

rorobear
08-18-2021, 05:35 AM
Yes, it works except now there's no point in having the visibility status in that column LOL. How could I keep the integrity of the code to instead show when a sheet protected or unprotected. thank you for the assist, it means a lot to me!!!