PDA

View Full Version : Date Format

Colin
02-02-2006, 01:07 PM
I am using at work MSAccess database 2000 SP2, the date field I have set up to show Medium Date and an input mask (00\->L<LL\-00;0;_) This gives me exactly what I want in the report. However, when it is used in an MSWord merged file, the date field shows USA date format. To counter this I have inserted the picture code of { MERGEFIELD ?DOB? DATE\@ ?dd/MMM/yyyy? } Now this is where I have the problem. The date field in Access is 16/APR/1976, the merged data is correctly shown in the merged document and any day over the 12th day of the month is correctly shown in western format. However days of the month below 12 is shown in USA format. (The date field in MSAccess correctly shows 03/May/1986, the merged data is shown as 05/Mar/1986 in the word document) This is very confusing and getting me frustrated, especially when date format is crucial to the accuracy of the document. What can I do to correct this problem please help???

Colin :dunno

XLGibbs
02-02-2006, 05:56 PM
There are some other matters to concern yourself with, as far as dates and international programming would be concerned as there are recommended methods of "guerilla tactics" to force the required..

have a look here..

http://www.vbaexpress.com/forum/articles.php?action=viewarticle&artid=59

also, look at MSDN for dealing with International dates in excel...

Colin
02-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the reply yes the date format in Access is how I want it and your link will be of use. I think I have got the solution, article Q220547 refers to the problem and I have tried it out and it seems to work fine now. Thanks again for the quick responce
Colin :thumb