PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Deadline pop up reminder

hrzagi
12-13-2021, 03:02 AM
I have excel table with "ordinal number" in first column, "debit date" in second column, "name" in third column and "date of execution" in forth column. Now I would like to have pop up reminder on file opening for every cell if 60 days have elapsed since the "date of the debit" and the "date of execution" is still empty. The pop up message should read "Its been two month since assignment of file number "Ordinal number", check the status of the file"
I have found several solutions for similar problems online but none suit me. Thank you!

Here is example file. 29225

georgiboy
12-13-2021, 03:25 AM
Maybe something like the below placed in the 'ThisWorkbook' module:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim rCell As Range
Dim cDays As Long

For Each rCell In List1.Range("A2:A" & List1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Cells
cDays = Date - rCell.Offset(, 1)
If cDays > 59 And rCell.Offset(, 1) <> vbNullString And rCell.Offset(, 3) = vbNullString Then
MsgBox "Its been two month since assignment of file number: " & rCell.Value & " , check the status of the file"
End If
Next rCell
End Sub

hrzagi
12-13-2021, 03:38 AM
Maybe something like the below placed in the 'ThisWorkbook' module:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim rCell As Range
Dim cDays As Long

For Each rCell In List1.Range("A2:A" & List1.Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row).Cells
cDays = Date - rCell.Offset(, 1)
If cDays > 59 And rCell.Offset(, 1) <> vbNullString And rCell.Offset(, 3) = vbNullString Then
MsgBox "Its been two month since assignment of file number: " & rCell.Value & " , check the status of the file"
End If
Next rCell
End Sub

Work like a charm :yes Thank you!