PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Copy Huge PPT Presentation to Word as Pictures

SherryO
02-03-2006, 09:54 AM
I need to copy powerpoint presentations, slide for slide, into word documents as pictures. I can't figure out how to do this except for the Send To option which makes a file so huge as to be unusable. If I do a Select All, Copy from Powerpoint, it only pastes the first page of the presentation. Does anyone know how to copy a presentation into word? The current presentation is 236 pages, so the thought of doing it manually is not a pleasent one and there will be many more where this one came from. Any help would be appreciated!!!
Thanks!

matthewspatrick
02-03-2006, 02:56 PM
That will be one humongous file :devil:

fumei
02-04-2006, 02:40 PM
Before I even start to look at this...I gotta ask....WHY, why, why are you doing this??!??

Any PowerPoint presentation that is that long is 90% too long.

Killian
02-06-2006, 02:23 AM
Hi Sherry,

You can save each slide of the presentation as a picture in one command:
File>Save As... then select one of the picture file types. You'll end up with a folder full of pictures.

With code, you can get a little more control over the size of the pictures by using the Export method of the presentation. The last two arguments specify the height and width in pixels. To avoid distorting the pictures, it's worth using a scale multiplier that you set, with the presentation's page height and widthConst cSCALE As Single = 0.5

Sub SaveSlidesAsPics()

With ActivePresentation
.Export "C:\Temp", "gif", _
.PageSetup.SlideWidth * cSCALE, _
.PageSetup.SlideHeight * cSCALE
End With

End Sub

SherryO
02-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Honestly, I can't see any reason to put a 236 page presentation inside a Word doc, but unfortunately, I don't get to make that decision. My boss told me to do it to deliver a bunch of documents (ppt, doc, xls, vsd) to a client and that the client had requested it to be put in Word. Go figure. I thought it was daft too. I used the following:

Sub CopyToWord()
Dim Slide As Slide
For Each Slide In ActivePresentation.Slides
Slide.Copy
Documents("Test.doc").Activate
Selection.PasteAndFormat (wdFormatSurroundingFormattingWithEmphasis)
Selection.TypeParagraph
Selection.TypeParagraph
Next
End Sub
It worked ok, but the end file was 77MB. Unusable in my book...

Thanks for everything. I'm going to mark this as solved.
SherryO

fumei
02-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Bizarre....