PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] Please Help! Code For Option Buttons in Excel VBA User Form

Michelle RSC
07-02-2022, 12:37 AM
Good day,

A request for help from a complete newbie!

I have a questionnaire that I have created a User Form for. Creating the user form went well but I am now stuck trying to code the answers to cells in the database.

I have managed to get the code right for the first 8 questions as they all use a text box field:

Private Sub CommandButton13_Click()

erow = Sheets("Database").Range("a" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Range("a" & erow + 1) = TextBox1.Value
Range("b" & erow + 1) = ComboBox1.Value
Range("c" & erow + 1) = ComboBox2.Value
Range("d" & erow + 1) = TextBox59.Value
Range("e" & erow + 1) = TextBox60.Value
Range("f" & erow + 1) = TextBox61.Value
Range("g" & erow + 1) = TextBox2.Value
Range("h" & erow + 1) = OptB_Male.Value

End Sub

However, my next question (question 9) requires an Option Box field for "Weather", with the options being:
1 (Good)
2 (Fair)
3 (Bad)

I need the answer, whether it be 1, 2 or 3, to be placed into column "i" in my excel database (the worksheet is named "Database").

I have googled extensively and watched many video tutorials, but I cannot understand how to do it. My form makes use of many option boxes so I need to understand the code in order to modify the code for the other questions.

I will be using the User Form, on a tablet, to carry out multiple surveys. I have a "submit" button that sends the inputted data input to my "Database" worksheet.

Please help this Novice learn (and understand) new tricks :doh::think:: pray2:

arnelgp
07-02-2022, 01:56 AM
modify the code here to get the Value of your option button:
VBA - Value of an option button in a frame (within an Excel sheet) - Stack Overflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44454481/vba-value-of-an-option-button-in-a-frame-within-an-excel-sheet)

Paul_Hossler
07-02-2022, 11:05 AM
Something like this probably

Assumes OB_Good, OB_Fair, and OB_Bad are the names of the option buttons

I'd put all 3 inside a frame

If OB_Good Then
Range("i" & erow + 1) = "Good"
ElseIf OB_Fair Then
Range("i" & erow + 1) = "Fair"
ElseIf OB_Bad Then
Range("i" & erow + 1) = "Bad"
End If

Michelle RSC
07-02-2022, 11:49 PM
Thank you so much!! Finally, code that is short, sweet, simple, easy to understand and manipulate for other option buttons. I appreciate you :bow::bow::bow::bow:

snb
07-04-2022, 05:46 AM
2 strategies:

store the value when a optionbutton is clicked; e.g. in the tag property of the userform:

Private Sub Optionbutton1_click()
if optionbutton1 then tag=optionbutton1.caption
End sub

Cells(1,5)=tag

Or

- check the values of all linked optionbuttons

cells(1,5)= choose(ABS(1*Opt_1 + 2*Opt_2 +3*Opt_3 +4*Opt_4+5*Opt_5),Opt_01.caption,Opt_2.caption,Opt_3.caption,Opt_4.caption, Opt_5.caption)