PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Crashing project activity duration VBA macro

bdasovic
10-26-2022, 02:49 AM
Hello and thanks for your help in advance.

I am working on time-cost optimization for a project and would like to automate process of creating baseline with actual project duration and then reduce activity duration to minimum. For each activity there are 5 alternative durations with associated costs for each mode of activit execution. So I would need a VBA program to set activity duration to maximal value of these five alternatives (Duration1, Duration2, Duration3, Duration4 and Duration5) and then save this scenario as a project baseline. Afterwards it should set activity duration as minimal value of activity duration from five alternatives. I am attaching example file, so if anyone has any idea i would be gratefull. The file can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/ja0kgb9o8uzye31/example.mpp?dl=0 (forum does not allow me to upload this attachment for some reason).

Thank you in advance and have a graeat day.
bdasovic

Aussiebear
10-26-2022, 11:53 PM
What type and size are your files?

arnelgp
10-27-2022, 01:23 AM
What type and size are your files?
most likely Microsoft Project Pro.

bdasovic
10-27-2022, 01:44 AM
The file is .mpp and I have been using MS Project Professional 2019, and the file is around 350 KB. I have tried uploading file only as well as zipped, but it didn't work.