PDA

View Full Version : complicated and potential dangerous request

dvenn
02-10-2006, 11:21 AM
First off let me state that I am not wanting this for anything other than to make my life easier.. I will accept submissions privately for the request I am making could potentially be used in other than legitimate ways.

I work for a company who 'outsources'. we have 500+ employees that have email accounts with the company we outsource for.
I need to send emails to all of them (potential spam alert goes here). Our client has established that our 'designated users' can send to 100 employees at a time, which I find quite agreeable.

Now I have distribution lists and everytime I send a message I send 7 different instances of the same messages to the different distribuion lists.

Here I am using the example of one client company (we have 24). I have contacted our IT group, but since it is not a limitation within our company there is nothing they are willing to do to help ease my pain (I currently send the same message to distribution lists separately and It takes me almost 1 hour to send out 1 message).the good news I only send about 5 messages a day out :banghead:

What I was wondering is.. is there a way to do this via a macro.. compose email in outlook (or word ) and have it send to the the distribution lists (seperately).

I hope I have explained this with enough detail.

using outlook2003 / exchange 2000.

any help and/or direction would be greatly appreciated.

geekgirlau
02-12-2006, 08:11 AM
This is fairly quick and dirty, but it will give you the idea. Couple of things to note:

You need a reference to the Microsoft Outlook object library.
You may not need the code to run on opening the workbook - your choice on how this will work.
This is only really going to be effective if your email body text is fairly short.
I've set the code to Display the message for testing purposes - later you'll need to change this to Send. This of course will trigger the Outlook security warning message.

Ken Puls
02-12-2006, 09:47 PM
FYI,

If you run the entire procedure from within Outlook, you avoid the security warnings. If you can't do that, though, check out "ClickYes" or "Redemption". I just used ClickYes in another project. It shows the Outlook message for a few seconds, but the ClickYes program will then dismiss it.

HTH,

dvenn
02-13-2006, 09:09 AM
If you run the entire procedure from within Outlook

I would like this to run this from outlook. how would I do that?

This is great however the emails I send sometimes are more complex than simple text messages (HTML tables, images, etc).

Sorry I should have specified that in the beginning. I would prefer an outllok solution versus an excel solution.

Thanks again for you efforts geekgirl