PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Hide Unhide Columns - But Not Certain Cells

Chadwick
02-11-2006, 03:32 AM
Hello,

My Sister told me to come here and learn. I think she is tired of my questions! I am sure this can be done!

Just learning to use the macro recorder and made 2 macros. The 1st will "hide" columns E, F, G and the 2nd will "unhide the columns.

The file is attached as it may help.

I am trying to find an answer to this,

When I select the ?Heats? option, the hide macro is run and Cells E7, F7, G7 in row 7 and cells E8, F8, G8 in row 8 are no longer visible.

I don?t want those cells to be hidden.

What changes need to be made to the hide macro to keep the cells above visible at all times like they are when the ?Training & Heats? option is selected? :dunno

I can put cells some place else but I want to see how this is done and try to understand the code.

Could someone show me how to begin and I will go away and work on it myself...

Thank you very much,

Cliff Chadwick

Bob Phillips
02-11-2006, 04:35 AM
Like this

Chadwick
02-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Hello Xld,

Thank you for showing me the way to do this.

I did look at your code and used the macro recorder to do the same thing with copy and paste, then used cut and paste to do this. After looking at the 3 codes I understand what is happening, but I would not have used so few steps if you had not showed me.

Why does the macro recorder show more than you needed to do this?

You are a good person,

Cliff Chadwick

Norie
02-11-2006, 01:46 PM
Cliff

The macro recorder does just that, records everything you do.

Generally it's a good tool but can generate code that needs to be altered afterwards.

Chadwick
02-11-2006, 04:06 PM
Hello Mr. Norie,

I will keep trying to see what can change and still work properly. You and Mr Xld were fast to help me. I will stop coming here until I have some questions, is that okay?

Thank you,

Cliff Chadwick

Bob Phillips
02-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Cliff,

Just ask when you have a question, and no Mr, we are friendly here http://vbaexpress.com/forum/images/smilies/001.gif

Chadwick
02-11-2006, 04:31 PM
Hello Xld,

Thank you for being friendly. I will come back with more questions.

Cliff Chadwick