PDA

View Full Version : Reformat found data and count equal 'strings'

RIC63
12-17-2022, 02:46 PM
If someone can help me or give me some advice to avoid manual count I really appreciate it

below I try to explain what I would like to automate:

In six areas AD33 ÷ AS33, H73 ÷ AB73, H113 ÷ AN113, AD153 ÷ AS153, AD193 ÷ AS193, and U233 ÷ BB233 are highlighet the quantities of six numbers ( A2 ÷ F2 ) found in the above groups of tre or four column
I need to scan that six areas and for each occurence of 1 quantity the relative number found on the above set of 3/4 columns must be placed/copied in column BQ under the '1' header and so on

In the same manner for each occurence of 2 quantity the relative numbers must be placed/copied 'sorted' in columns BR BS under the '2' header and next pairs to follow

... for each occurence of 3 quantity the relative numbers must be placed/copied 'sorted' in columns BT BU BV under the '3' header and successive sets of 3 numbers to follow

Idem for 4 quantity, 5, 6

In the attached sample is shown for the first 3 value the expected result

In line 75 the total of equal values, equal pairs, equal triple… will be calculated.

Thanks

RIC63
01-07-2023, 11:55 AM
I add the file containing the macro that a friend developed for me, in case it may be useful to someone.
Practically by inserting a group of 6 numbers (in the range 1÷90) in cells A5÷F5 and launching the macro 'Compare'... in row 76 of the sheet 'Table 1' the 'equal' quantities found for single values, pairs of values, triples ... etc up to 9 quantities are returned.

I ask if the same analysis and results can be performed using exclusively formulas - without the use of macros/code-

thank you