PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Form fields not working as they were

Zack Barresse
02-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Hello, still figuring out Access here. Working with AC 2003. My form is not working correctly anymore and I don't know why. I'm having serious issues this morning, a very, very bad day. I can't log in to upload it, it's too big for the site (~500kb). Ugh. Can email if desired. This is driving me batty. :banghead:

XLGibbs
02-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Not working at all? YOu can send it to me at my home address Zack, and I can take a look tonight after work (about 4 hours from now)......if you don't get resolution before then...

Zack Barresse
02-14-2006, 10:45 AM
Thanks Gibbs, I appreciate it. If I don't have it resolved by then, I'll shoot it over to you. :yes

Norie
02-14-2006, 10:59 AM
Zack

What's the actual problem?

Zack Barresse
02-14-2006, 12:07 PM
The form which was working now gives me an error. I have a button on the form which does a DoCmdGotoRecord , , acNewRec (or whatever it is). It errors out right there. I think it's the fields I'm using, I don't think they're working as they should.

I'm not very good at describing this; I really wish I could have uploaded it. :(

Norie
02-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Can you not zip it?

What error messages are you getting, if any?

mdmackillop
02-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Hi Zack,
Have you got the sample files from here? I got a lot of my basic code from these.
Regards
Malcolm
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/bapp2000/html/mdbdownload.asp

XLGibbs
02-14-2006, 02:21 PM
If a goto record statement is erroring out, either the recordset is not identifying properly, or the RowSource query is out of whack.

Did anything change at all since it worked properly? (A new field, or deleted field or anything like that?)

Zack Barresse
02-15-2006, 09:18 AM
The ControlSource changed. I thought I set it right, but guess I didn't. It was screwing up and giving me a #Name! error, so I tried to reset it .. to no avail. :(

XLGibbs
02-15-2006, 03:47 PM
Zack, few things after seeing it.

Make sure the combo box Control Source properties are set to the appropriate column names for what feild will recieve the data on an update record (the row source statements you have are fine, but can be trimmed to exlude the ID column if you want)

Also, be sure that your Form data source is the TABLE Soil Samples and not the query Last Soil Data. When I made those 3 changes (simple changes), the form worked fine.

Zack Barresse
02-16-2006, 08:11 AM
Perfecto!!! :yes

Thanks to all of you! Gibbs found the solution perfectly!