PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Excel Used Range To Powerpoint

stanl
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
I pretty much plead total ignorance when it comes to integrating Excel w/Powerpoint. I am currently creating 2100+ workbooks [actually my computer at work is doing the creating, takes about 10 hours] for 2006 True Cost of Ownership of vehicles. This information is made available for free to public schools who show interest in teaching 6-12 graders basics of financial literacy - specifically geared more toward high school.

Anyway, each workbook is multi-tabbed, but the first tab contains a photo of the vehicle and a 5-years cost to own estimate. I was asked for the possibility of taking a specific make/model and displaying each of these tabs in a powerpoint.

Assuming I create a ppt with an initial slide and wanted to loop through the workbooks associated with a particular car model, and for each workbook add a new slide - could I - copy the usedrange to the clipboard and paste it into the new slide so each slide looks like the range [jpeg attached]. I apologize if this doesn't make sense when first read :banghead:

TIA
Stan

stanl
02-16-2006, 07:09 AM
I think I got what I needed on a recent post in the Excel Forum.:clap:

aefavant
05-13-2010, 01:02 PM
Hi stanl,
Do you mind sharing you code? I am currently trying to learn PPT export form xls and have been through a hard time.
The only code I got so far- and that works- is to open a new presentation and glue (export as figure) selected ranges...

Well... thanks.