PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for Dashboards

jakebailey
05-05-2023, 11:47 AM
I'm creating a dashboard for quick and easy viewing of sales numbers. There is no interaction with this specific worksheet other than to view a few key metrics. All other interaction will be done on other pages. I started going down the path of creating an SQL query and displaying it on the Dashboard which seems to be very efficient and not a lot of code compared to making a pivot table. Plus it doesn't have the other items that come with pivot tables that could complicate things when all I really want to do is is display some sales data. After messing around I realized that I don't want to be confined by the cells on the sheet. So I started going down the path of using userForm Labels and giving me some flexibility when returning a recordset. Basically I can adjust a background of the label and move the record set around to make it look fairly good. My question to the group is if this is a good path to go down? If so, are there any examples that you can point me toward on the internet for some creative ideas? If there is a better way to go than using form labels and SQL Recordsets I would appreciate that feedback as well. One other thing to keep in mind, this entire workbook is created through VBA and distributed to users.