PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] There isn't enough memory to perform this operation

DBinPhilly
06-12-2023, 01:21 PM
In the last week I've had this message pop up on 3 different computers in two different customer locations running entirely different applications.
I got around last week's problem by converting the database from an old *.mdb format to *.accdb format. That did the trick.
But this week's problem is already a *.accdb. Now what do I do?
These were very old established programs - both applications have been running for over 20 years without a problem. Any ideas?

June7
06-12-2023, 03:41 PM
Access has a size limit of 2GB. Are these db's near that?

Have you run Compact & Repair?

Are these db's split design?

DBinPhilly
06-12-2023, 04:00 PM
Access has a size limit of 2GB. Are these db's near that?

Have you run Compact & Repair?

Are these db's split design?
No, Yes, and Yes

One was about .5Gigs. Their VP refused to allow me to drop old data. When the problem occurred, I archived anything older than 2017 from one table. It dropped 180,000 records.
The other databases are too small to worry about.

Gasman
06-12-2023, 11:05 PM
Check for any updates, Office first, then Windows.

Gasman
06-15-2023, 04:16 AM
See if this is the issue?

https://www.accessforever.org/post/not-enough-memory-when-opening-reports-with-version-2305

DBinPhilly
06-15-2023, 02:31 PM
See if this is the issue?

https://www.accessforever.org/post/not-enough-memory-when-opening-reports-with-version-2305

The problem is solved! Thank you.

I guess I'm pissed at Microsoft. This is the second time in a couple of years that one of their Office or Windows updates crashed MS Access databases around the world. That time there were about a dozen of my customers affected. This time, I had 4 systems from 2 different customers 300 miles apart crash. And I suspect that I will hear of others before this is over. I was say this: those two MS-generated crashes generated some​ revenue for me, so there is a bit of a silver lining.