PDA

View Full Version : Integrate Outlook with Project

tkaplan
02-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Hi. I am not sure if I need to use VBA to solve this, but I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I would like to use my outlook calendar/tasks to keep track of my project tasks. I know that there is an outlook integration wizard but it is web based. I do not have a URL to go through, and this is not for a team, it's just me.

If there is a way to do it with the built in wizard that's fine too. I just dont have my URL which from what I could gather was required to use that feature.

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Sir Babydum GBE
02-17-2006, 02:12 AM
Funnily enough - I was asked to look into this too. Here's what the MS site said:

Project < > Outlook Tasks

"To easily transfer project tasks to Microsoft Outlook 2000 or later, Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 provides the Outlook Integration Wizard. This Component Object Model (COM) add-in is downloadable from the Tasks page in Project Web Access 2003. In the side pane (side pane: A pane displayed on the left side of the Project and Project Web Access interfaces. In Project, the side pane contains Project Guide information; in Project Web Access, the side pane contains links.), click View and report on your tasks from your Outlook calendar. On the Work with Outlook page, click Download Now to install the Outlook Integration Wizard COM add-in. After installing the wizard, it can be used in Outlook to import Project Professional 2003 tasks from the Project Web Access timesheet to the Outlook calendar, where they can be viewed alongside existing appointments. Once tasks are imported in the Outlook calendar, progress on those tasks can be reported to Project Server directly from Outlook."

The key for us is that we don't have either Project Server OR Project Professional. But if you do...

tkaplan
02-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Funnily enough - I was asked to look into this too. Here's what the MS site said:

Project < > Outlook Tasks

"To easily transfer project tasks to Microsoft Outlook 2000 or later, Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 provides the Outlook Integration Wizard. This Component Object Model (COM) add-in is downloadable from the Tasks page in Project Web Access 2003. In the side pane (side pane: A pane displayed on the left side of the Project and Project Web Access interfaces. In Project, the side pane contains Project Guide information; in Project Web Access, the side pane contains links.), click View and report on your tasks from your Outlook calendar. On the Work with Outlook page, click Download Now to install the Outlook Integration Wizard COM add-in. After installing the wizard, it can be used in Outlook to import Project Professional 2003 tasks from the Project Web Access timesheet to the Outlook calendar, where they can be viewed alongside existing appointments. Once tasks are imported in the Outlook calendar, progress on those tasks can be reported to Project Server directly from Outlook."

The key for us is that we don't have either Project Server OR Project Professional. But if you do...

I do have Project Professional 2003, but to use the Project Web Access, it requires a URL, which I dont have so I can't download the COM.

Any suggestions???

mallarym
11-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Let me know if you still need this and I will post my code.