PDA

View Full Version : Command button. Copy text + pictures from different pages/part of document

Kiskis508
09-08-2023, 09:39 AM
Greetings all!

Usually I don't write on forums, so forgive me if I missed some of the etiquette.

Writing here, as I need some help in a Word/Developer/ActiveX command button function, as I'm not fluent in programming languages, and can't find how to even copy part of the text I want. I think that's what I need, but maybe there is a better solution or just a simpler one, but I could not find it or I just did not know how to find it.

Word version is whatever Office 365 version is of the Word, so basically a desktop Word 365 version.

Don't know if this is possible and like I said maybe there is an easier solution or even a function, I could not find, that fits the situation. Hell, I'm even thinking of using Power apps, or even Excel as but every information (Headings in this case) is in different sheets :D. Some of you might ask why not just click and drag and press CTRL + C, so my idea is to spent as little time in a document as possible, but if I need to add more information it would more or less easy to update.

Short story: In a Word I need with a press of a button to copy different part of the document/text/pictures.
Long story: So the problem is I want to have several different command buttons that copy basically the same information to the clipboard (not the word one, but the Windows one (Win key + V), so just a copy function in a sense, as I think everything that is copied gets pasted (well not pasted, but saved to clipboard's history, I guess) to clipboard anyways. I will try to explain what I'm trying to do, as I do not have document and I cannot recreate it, as I have no Office on my computer, only Libre Office. As I don't use that much of any kind of office program, the free one suits my needs, just not in this particular case. The situation looks like this more or less:

Heading 1
Page URL/Hyperlink
A text (there might be text or there might not be)
A couple of pictures

Heading 2
The same as above, and on repeat, just of course different information.

Heading 3
Same thing as heading 1

Headings are created using Word's table of contents and the just pressing the heading font style to create the one I want.
The idea copy buttons copy only the information that is only under heading 1 or 2 or 3, etc. For example: Copy button under Heading 1 does not copy information from under Heading 3, only from under Heading 1

What I plan/want to do is to have three different copy command buttons. For example Copy batch, copy text and pictures, copy separately.
Copy Batch: Copy everything that is between heading 1 and heading 2 to a clipboard as one object, no separation in clipboard. Basically just click and drag and press CTRL + C what is between heading 1 and Heading 2.
Copy text and pictures: From clipboard I can select Text and Pictures + URL as different objects to paste. Text as one object, pictures + URL/Hyperlink as another object.
Copy separately: Everything that is between heading 1 and heading 2 copied separately to the clipboard, so When I press Win key + V, I can choose which one I want to paste first. For example I want to paste URL in first place, pictures in second place and text in whatever tickles my bones place.

As I said maybe there is a better solution and maybe there is no way to copy everything in batch or separately. And maybe it is stupid idea and I would agree, but I thought "I will give it a shot, maybe I will learn something". Hell maybe I'm over my head. I hope I explained it more or less understandably

So sorry guys if this is the stupidest thing you ever heard, but overall I must say: "Thank you!" in advance for any kind of feedback. Have a nice day!

Aussiebear
09-08-2023, 01:10 PM
Welcome to VBAX Kskis508. Hopefully someone will be along shortly to assist you in this matter.

Aussiebear
09-09-2023, 01:39 AM
bump