PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED:] "This Workbook" script ignored on opening

MyriamSL
10-25-2023, 06:50 AM
Hi,

I have the following script in "ThisWorkbook", because I need these actions to be performed on opening.

Private Sub Ouverture()
Sheets("Gestion").Activate
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim gestion As String
gestion = ActiveSheet.Name
For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets
If ws.Name <> gestion Then
ws.Visible = xlSheetHidden
End If
Next ws
End Sub

I know the code works because if I put it in a module and run it, it works perfectly fine. It just doesn't work the way I want it to (on opening). What am I missing here? I feel like this should be pretty simple...

Thanks!

georgiboy
10-25-2023, 06:55 AM
Welcome to the forum MyriamSL,

The name for the sub should be: Private Sub Workbook_Open()

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Dim ws As Worksheet

For Each ws In Sheets
If ws.Name <> "Gestion" Then
ws.Visible = xlSheetHidden
End If
Next ws
End Sub

MyriamSL
10-25-2023, 07:02 AM
Great, thanks! I knew it was super simple! So the name of the subs in "ThisWorkbook" need to have specific names then. I already had a Workbook_Open sub (also have a message box on opening), but I just combined the two and everything works fine. Thanks for your help!

georgiboy
10-25-2023, 07:17 AM
You are welcome,

You are correct in what you did, you can only have one workbook_open sub so you need to combine all workbook_open actions within the one sub.

You can see the different types of code that go into the ThisWorkbook module. Try this:

1, Goto to VBE (code window)
2, At the top of the white area (where the code resides) you should see the word '(General)' in a dropdown box
3, Change that dropdown box to 'Workbook'
4, Then on the dropdown to the right of the 'Workbook' dropdown should now say 'Open'
5, If you hit the dropdown where the word 'Open' is, you will see all of the options available to use.

MyriamSL
10-25-2023, 12:42 PM
That is very good to know! I'm used to work with modules, but not with this. This information will be handy that's for sure! Thanks again!