PDA

View Full Version : Form tracing around screen

ijswalker
02-17-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi

I have a userform that allows users to enter Project information which is fine. However, when I delete a Project the information clears the screen but does not update the underlying spreadsheet until I close the form. When I tmove the actual form around the screen it seems to copy itself almost like a tracer. The tracer will disappear when I close the form.

Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong and how to make the form more responsive.

Thanks

Ian

mdmackillop
02-17-2006, 12:59 PM
I occasionally get that glitch, but never discovered a reason. Can you post a sanitised example to see if the problem manifests here?
Regards
MD

ijswalker
02-17-2006, 01:06 PM
Unfortunately the file is too large to be posted. It does do it on other computers though.

Thanks

Ian

ijswalker
02-17-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi MD,

I see you are from Scotland. So am I. Just moved to the US. I think I also need to change the flag from Albanian to USA.

Cheers

Ian

ijswalker
02-17-2006, 01:20 PM
Ok MD,
I've just e-mailed it to you,

Thanks

Ian

mdmackillop
02-17-2006, 01:53 PM
I've had a look, and while I get some flicker I don't get the trace.
I'm guessing that there are just too many cotrols on your form for the graphics to handle.
Try deleting half of them and see if there is any change.
Regards
MD

lucas
02-17-2006, 02:07 PM
Could it be a graphics card/memory problem on Ian's computer?

XLGibbs
02-17-2006, 09:46 PM
This almost surely sounds like there may be too much for the graphics card to handle. I have seen that while on my POS work computer when I might have 4 applications running, and there is a lot going on with fast changes to the screen. Sometimes it seems like the graphics card is not updating as fast as it should....