PDA

View Full Version : Counter from given date

Petermen
01-14-2024, 11:42 AM
Hey.
I’m trying to create a PowerPoint presentation that when launched will display how many days, hours and minutes have elapsed since a given date and time.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

June7
01-14-2024, 02:31 PM
AFAIK, PP does not have facility to build formulas. Can embed an Excel worksheet that displays calculations.

Petermen
01-15-2024, 01:59 AM
I did manage to get the attached working.
But it only works when you run the macro and it doesn't update as the presentation plays.
I need it to run on the presentation being launched and continue to update.

Any geniuses out there?

P

Petermen
01-15-2024, 03:00 AM
I guess what I'm trying to make is something like this, the Eric Swalwell timer...

June7
01-15-2024, 12:20 PM
That youtube has nothing to do with a timer.

There is no presentation to play. I executed the code and the timer does continually update display. But timers can be such processor hogs. My laptop sounds like a rocket about to blast off and overheating like crazy.

jdelano
01-17-2024, 09:52 AM
Have you looked at this post, the user has basically done what you're trying to do VBA Powerpoint - Auto run on open and run in the background - Stack Overflow (https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22964263/vba-powerpoint-auto-run-on-open-and-run-in-the-background) "I'm trying to create a powerpoint presentation which will show the number of days since an injury in the workplace."

goreeans
02-24-2024, 06:57 AM
To the best of my knowledge (AFAIK), PowerPoint does not have the capability to construct formulas directly. However, you can incorporate an Excel worksheet that showcases calculations.