PDA

View Full Version : How to make custom dynamic user form

Faxen
05-21-2024, 07:19 PM
So, I am wanting to do a custom, dynamic user form.

I have a sheet that has a column (column B) of data (somewhere between 5 and 12 items and those can vary) that I want to dynamically populate into a user form. If they are populated I am going to put some text boxes, check boxes with them. I want to be able to do some manipulation with the results but that is another endeavor.

I have searched on the net and cannot seem to find any information on how (or if) this can be accomplished.

Any help would be appreciated.

F

Logit
05-21-2024, 08:54 PM
You can formulate a custom User Form. It would help if you could provide more specific information how the form will be designed and
where the dynamic data from column b is coming from.

Aussiebear
05-21-2024, 10:27 PM
Welcome to VBAX Faxen. When you talk about "sheet" and "Column B" can I assume you are using Excel rather than Word. If excel then go here to see how it may be done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ7zOouPcEU

gmaxey
05-22-2024, 09:22 AM
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
'Adjust to suit the range of records you want.
ListBox1.List = Application.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:C3").Value
ListBox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!A2:C3"
End Sub

Paul_Hossler
05-22-2024, 11:48 AM
So, I am wanting to do a custom, dynamic user form.

I have a sheet that has a column (column B) of data (somewhere between 5 and 12 items and those can vary) that I want to dynamically populate into a user form. If they are populated I am going to put some text boxes, check boxes with them. I want to be able to do some manipulation with the results but that is another endeavor.

I have searched on the net and cannot seem to find any information on how (or if) this can be accomplished.

Any help would be appreciated.

F

You posted in the MS Word forum. This sounds like a MS Excel question

If it it, let me know and I'll move it to the Excel forum where you'll get better respone

Aussiebear
05-23-2024, 03:06 AM
Can someone knock on Faxen's door and see if he's alive?

goodstudent6
07-09-2024, 07:24 PM
Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
'Adjust to suit the range of records you want.
ListBox1.List = Application.Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A2:C3").Value grade calculator (https://finalgrade-calculator.com)
ListBox1.RowSource = "Sheet1!A2:C3"
End Sub

I plan to manipulate the user selections later, but that's a separate task for now.
Is there a way to achieve this using VBA? Any code examples or resources you can recommend would be greatly appreciated.

Aussiebear
07-10-2024, 12:00 PM
Welcome to VBAX Goodstudent6.
is there a way to achieve this using VBA? Sorry, but you need to explain this a little better?