PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Temp Menus in Word

MWE
02-22-2006, 12:50 PM
I am running Word2000. I have a general menu creation proc that works in all MS applications. It reads menu information from an xl spreadsheet and builds the appropriate menu in the target application. I have used it for several years quite successfully. I have noticed an inconsistency when using it "from" Word. The initial menu creation code that puts the top level menu in the Menu Bar clearly indicates that it is a "temporary" menu. In Excel, this means that when Excel exits, the menu disappears. In Word, that does not happen. The menu is permantently a part of the Menu Bar until I manually or programmatically remove it.

I have checked that the code is executing in Word the same way as it executes in Excel and find no inconsistencies.

Any idea what might be going on here? :dunno

matthewspatrick
02-22-2006, 01:02 PM
Unfortunately, what is going on here is that the Temporary argument in adding a menu control does not work in Word :mkay

It is a frequently-occurring source of frustration for me.

Patrick

MWE
02-22-2006, 01:10 PM
Unfortunately, what is going on here is that the Temporary argument in adding a menu control does not work in Word :mkay

It is a frequently-occurring source of frustration for me.

Patrick
Thanks for the prompt reply. At least I know that I am not completely nuts.

It this problem a documented bug?

matthewspatrick
02-22-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the prompt reply. At least I know that I am not completely nuts.

Well, I wouldn't go THAT far... :hi:

TonyJollans
02-22-2006, 02:07 PM
Patrick is correct - there is a problem with Temporary:=True in Word 2000 (and earlier). The good news is that it is fixed in later versions.