PDA

View Full Version : Solved: Macro to put a pacticular text to the first balnk cell

Shazam
02-23-2006, 06:58 AM
May I have a code that it will put a paticular text say "totals" to the first blank cell in the that row. My data changes weekly. I put a sample workbook below.

matthewspatrick
02-23-2006, 07:31 AM
ActiveSheet.[a1].End(xlToRight).Offset(0, 1) = "totals"

Shazam
02-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Thank You very much.

matthewspatrick
02-23-2006, 11:43 AM
You're most welcome!

XLGibbs
02-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey Shazam...this sounds like it is putting the criteria for those searches I helped you with....sounds like you might be getting closer to being done...Hope it is coming together okay.

Pete

Shazam
02-23-2006, 04:42 PM
Hey Shazam...this sounds like it is putting the criteria for those searches I helped you with....sounds like you might be getting closer to being done...Hope it is coming together okay.

Pete

I think its done but its kind of hard to anticipate every problem untill it happends. When I put all the codes together it works well but when a new updated workbook comes from our customer then the code bombs. So I adjust the code then it works. Then another workbook comes then the codes fails again so I'm trying to anticipate every move from our customer. Just too bad we dont have the luxury to tell the customer what we want. Of course the knowledge I'm learning from you and the others on this forums is really helping so I dont have to post a new thread all the time. I got about 7 books of formulas and vba's also I spend some hours on net to fnd a solution when I can't find one or I'm not looking at the right place then I post a question. But once again thank you and the others who has help me here.:vv

XLGibbs
02-23-2006, 05:21 PM
How come the code bombs? Probably an issue with sheet names and the location of the data I suppose...at least you are learning something along the way!

You are welcome for the assistance, of course.

Shazam
02-23-2006, 05:31 PM
How come the code bombs? Probably an issue with sheet names and the location of the data I suppose...at least you are learning something along the way!

You are welcome for the assistance, of course.

Its not the code but the customer sending the workbook they're keep changing the format just enough for the code bombs.

XLGibbs
02-23-2006, 05:34 PM
How typical is that! You would think they would wanta consistent format as well....

anyways...good luck, let us know what else we can help with!