PDA

View Full Version : My Charts Have the Jitters

Cyberdude
03-04-2006, 02:55 PM
I have a workbook in which I have put 16 different charts on one sheet. They are VERY busy with LOTS of information. So far so good. Since the contents of each chart (stock market data on a single stock) change over time, I like to have a title in a text box on each chart indicating the name of the stock. The name is located in a cell on the spreadsheet. I use a reference like:
=SheetName!$B$16
in the text box to tell it to get the name in the cell and display it. This works very well. My problem is that there are some additional text boxes I would also like to display on the chart to show other information that changes daily. I can add them to maybe 8 of the charts and then my charts start getting the jitters (fast shaking) at times. No error messages, but sometime the whole works comes to a halt.
This effect is definitely due to some kind of resources overload, but I can't figure out what it could be, unless maybe it's the video card. I'm not running out of regular RAM (512Mb). I have a Dell 8300 computer with a processor (Intel 4, 3.0 Ghz) that never seems to get near overloaded. I don't have shared memory with the video.
Does anyone recognize those symptoms?

matthewspatrick
03-04-2006, 06:14 PM
I'm getting a headache just thinking about what that worksheet must look like.

:bug:

Patrick