PDA

View Full Version : What type of control is it?

Aussiebear
03-06-2006, 05:36 AM
What type of control is it that enables you to view data in an scrollable mini window on a form? And how does it work?

Ted

Marcster
03-06-2006, 05:55 AM
There's the Office Web Components Spreadsheet control.
On a userform it displays like an Excel sheet.
Is this what your after?.

Marcster.

Aussiebear
03-06-2006, 06:05 AM
I simply don't know. ( Yes I realise this is totally hopeless as an answer) Can it be adapted so that there's no gridlines and can it be set to pull data into such a window for viewing

Ted

Marcster
03-06-2006, 06:17 AM
You can set it to pull data from a worksheet or other source
when form opens or from another event.
To display gridlines:
Spreadsheet1.DisplayGridlines = False

Marcster.

Bob Phillips
03-06-2006, 06:21 AM
It might just be a ListBox if you just want a column (or a multi-column) list of values.

Aussiebear
03-06-2006, 06:41 AM
Looking a needing method to display the life history of a mechanical roll, used in steam flaking grain, by displaying 5 columns of data, ( Date, Mill No., Hours of use, Days of use, Current Status) when a Roll ID is selected from a drop down list. Hang on a bit and I'll see if I can make a sample file up

Ted

Aussiebear
03-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Sorry will take longer than I thought, and its now 12:20am and I need to be up again in 4 hours. Just imagine a dropdown list which once a value is selected, that it causes the relevant data for that Roll ID number selected to be displayed in a scrollable window. If I'm not making sence, then tell me to go to bed.... but be quick cause I just might beat you to it.

johnske
03-06-2006, 11:42 AM
:dunno Sounds like a combo box to me...(maybe) :dunno

Aussiebear
03-06-2006, 11:57 AM
John, Is there a combo box sample in the Listings of KB.... never mind I'll go have a quick peep. Need to leave for work in a couple of minutes anyway.

Ken Puls
03-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Hi there,

So to get this straight...

You want a drop down list (combo box) from which you'll choose the values. From there, the resulting record set will show in a scrollable 5 column window?

I'm thinking combo box to a multi column listbox.

Where is the data coming from?

Aussiebear
03-07-2006, 02:17 AM
Ken, we are currently setting up a spreadsheet at work, but have been advised that maybe I should be setting up a database (Access) as an option. One of the guys at work suggested maybe use a pivot table, but I know squat diddly about them too.

Ted

Bob Phillips
03-07-2006, 03:09 AM
Ken, we are currently setting up a spreadsheet at work, but have been advised that maybe I should be setting up a database (Access) as an option. One of the guys at work suggested maybe use a pivot table, but I know squat diddly about them too.

Ted

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm