PDA

View Full Version : how to display names of subjects taught in cells if specific teacher name selected ?

janicefernan
03-08-2006, 05:01 AM
there are 3 teachers in a school. Ann, ben and carl. Ann teaches math and history, ben teaches math, history and science, carl teaches math, science and drawing. suppose cell a1 contains a drop down box containing the three names (ann, ben and carl). if i select ann in a1, cells a3 should display math and cell a4 should display history. alternatively, if i select ben in a1, cell a3 should display math, cell a4 should display history and cell a5 should display science. alternatively if i select carl in a1, cell a3 should display math, cell a4 should display science and cell a5 should display drawing. i hope i have made my question clear. thank you in advance for the answer. also what is the way to store the teacher names with their related subjects

is there a specific term to describe the above concept? - therefore I can search in google, excel help sites using that term

Bob Phillips
03-08-2006, 05:17 AM
there are 3 teachers in a school. Ann, ben and carl. Ann teaches math and history, ben teaches math, history and science, carl teaches math, science and drawing. suppose cell a1 contains a drop down box containing the three names (ann, ben and carl). if i select ann in a1, cells a3 should display math and cell a4 should display history. alternatively, if i select ben in a1, cell a3 should display math, cell a4 should display history and cell a5 should display science. alternatively if i select carl in a1, cell a3 should display math, cell a4 should display science and cell a5 should display drawing. i hope i have made my question clear. thank you in advance for the answer. also what is the way to store the teacher names with their related subjects

is there a specific term to describe the above concept? - therefore I can search in google, excel help sites using that term

I have already answered this on the JMT forum. There is absolutely no need to cross-post.

Read this http://www.excelguru.ca/XLKBA/XLKBA05.htm