PDA

View Full Version : Calculate ratios

Shakti
03-09-2006, 01:36 AM
:banghead:

This is my first ever problem that I want you to teach me how to solve! PLEASE!

I was given portfolio of one person to find as on date value and profit loss share by ratio given.

I managed to sort data by script name and date now

In data given below I want to calculate net qty and net amt script name wise and if position of such script stands for more than 90 days I have to calculate profit by 50:50 ratio otherwise 60:40 ratio.

Plz see zip file attached herewith for details!

geekgirlau
03-09-2006, 02:54 AM
Hi Shakti,

I haven't had a chance to look at your problem yet, but I've taken the liberty of retyping your post. Please don't type in capitals - in net terms this is known as "shouting", and makes it hard to read your text. I've also changed the title of your thread - the more specific it is, the more likely you are to get help!

mdmackillop
03-10-2006, 06:37 AM
Hi Shakti
Welcome to VBAX
I'm finding this a little difficult to comprehend. I don't understand Stands for more than 90 days, and I'm not clear on the output or data. No doubt after an hour or so of study I might follow what you're after.
Can you calculate and add some results to your spreadsheet with comments or textboxes showing the data cells and how these should be calculated. I'm sure then that someone will produce a formula or code solution.
Regards
MD